Are you bored out of your skull yet needing a craft project to help you feel better? Or do you just need an excuse to lock yourself in the bathroom with a large glass of wine and some CBD oil?
We are all stressed from being cooped up inside with the same people day after day. As much as you love your family, sometimes you just need to escape!
Calgon, take me away.
We scoured the internet to find the easiest yet most soothing CBD BATH BOMB recipes to soothe your soul. Check the two recipes out below!
Make Your Own CBD Bath Bomb
If you’ve been looking for CBD bath bombs but struggle deciding which ones to buy due to price concerns, or because of concerns about iffy ingredients, then fret no more. We are here to save the day!
Check out one of the two CBD bath bomb recipes below to get started!
- 4oz baking soda
- 2oz citric acid
- 2oz corn starch
- 2oz Epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 5-10 drops essential oil (of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Food coloring (optional)
- CBD oil
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine the dry ingredients (baking soda, corn starch, citric acid, and Epsom salt). Mix it together well.
- In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil. You can do this on the stove or in a microwave.
- Mix the other liquid ingredients (water, essential oil, CBD oil) into the coconut oil. You will need to calculate the amount of CBD oil you need based on the desired dosage.
- Now for the tricky part. Begin to pour the liquid mix into the dry mix. Do this slowly, trying to prevent it from foaming. If it foams, pour the liquid more slowly. The result should be a mixture that is just moist enough to stick together. If it’s too dry, you can add water.
- Fill two halves of a bath bomb mold with the mixture so that each side is slightly overflowing. Press the two molds together.
- Peel off the top half of the mold, and leave the bomb to dry a little in the bottom half. Then, turn the mold upside down and remove it from the bath bomb.
- Leave the bath bomb to dry overnight – then it is ready for use!
CBD BATH BOMBS
- -8oz epsom salts
- -8oz corn starch
- -8oz baking soda
- -4oz citric acid (when mixed with baking soda, this is what makes bath bombs fizz!)
- -Bath bomb molds
- -CBD oil (1 dropper full per bath bomb you make)
- -1 tablespoon oil (any oil works- hemp, coconut, avocado – we did coconut for extra moisture)
- -1 1/2 teaspoon water
- -Any essential oils you want for the bombs (I used a mix of eucalyptus, lavender, and citrus blends)
- -Any “flair” of choice — glitter, food coloring, dried flowers, etc. (we used dried roses and lavender)
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a large bowl- epsom salt, citric acid, baking soda, corn starch. Add in your “flair”- glitter, food coloring, dried flowers, etc.
- In a small bowl combine all your wet ingredients – water, essential oils, CBD oil, & oil.
- SLOWLY pour your liquid mixture into your dry mixture, little by little. Keep stirring slowly as you pour. You do NOT want it to start to fizz, and if you dump the liquid mixture in, it will fizz.
- Once all your liquid is poured in, whisk until there are no clumps. When all mixed, the consistency should be that of damp sand. Grab some in your hand & see if it holds it shape when you release your grip. If so, you’re good to go. If not, add a tad more water.
- Pack up your molds, and don’t dilly dally! This is time sensitive because you don’t want your mixture to dry out. Pack each half of your molds separately & really pack it down. Put both halves together & repeat until you fill all your molds.
- Let dry for 24 hours. (don’t open the molds, even though you’ll be tempted to)
- Enjoy your magical healing power bath bombs!
Credit for recipe goes to Camille Styles